A fabulous set of six Art Deco hock wine glasses, the clear glass bodies cased in transparent green and engraved with an intricate flower and leaf design with additional versatile use as champagne flutes when turned upside down
Height: 20 cm
Condition: Pristine Condition
Materials: Cut Glass
Webb Crystal Glass Company
Timeline of Webb’s Crystal Glass Company, of 40 Norfolk Street, The Strand, London, glass makers.
- c.1920 Company established and floated
- 1920 British Glass Industries entered into contracts to acquire controlling interest in a number of undertakings making electric light bulbs, tumblers, lamp glass used for scientific and medical and industrial purposes, crystal and table ware, and other types of glass. These companies were to be amalgamated and controlled through Webb’s Crystal Glass Co Ltd, the controlling interest in which would be owned by British Glass Industries. Companies concerned included:
- 1920 Mention at AGM that Duroglass was the chemical branch of the company.
- 1922 The Tutbury Works were leased out to another company.
- 1925 Reduction in capital.
- 1930 Henry G. Richardson and Sons was taken over by Thomas Webb and Sons. According to an Agreement, dated 25th July, the company of Henry G. Richardson and Sons was sold to Webb’s Crystal Glass Co on that date. A new private limited company called Henry G. Richardson and Sons Ltd was set up at that time, as a subsidiary of Webbs Crystal.
- 1936 Had a substantial interest in Duro-Ray Ltd; had been managers of that company since its inception. Increasing interest in their silvered-lining products for flood lighting, street lighting, etc.
- 1951 The company had 2 production units – Stourbridge (Webbs) and Edinburgh (Edinburgh Crystal) – and 4 subsidiaries – Duroglass Ltd, Duro-Ray Ltd, R. Johnson and Co Ltd, Henry G. Richardson and Son Ltd
To view our collection of glassware please click here.