Ernst Wahliss (Austrian, 1837 ~ 1900) During the late 1880s, Ernst Wahliss had established himself as Vienna's leading retailer for porcelain. In 1863 he opened a shop in Vienna, expanding in 1879 and opening a branch in London. In 1894, he acquired the factory of Alfred Stellmacher in Turn-Teplitz, Bohemia, and began to produce decorative ceramics under the name 'Ernst Wahliss Kunst-, Porzellan und Fayence-Fabrik'. The business was taken over by his sons Erich & Hans. By 1910 the factory at Turn-Teplitz had some 500 employees. The business eventually closed in 1930.