Gustave Leblanc (French, 1849 ~ 1945) – The Leblanc Barbedienne Foundry was operational from 1892 to 1954. On 2nd February 1891 Gustave Leblanc, nephew of the founder Ferdinand Barbedienne, became the third associate of the society. He invested 60,000F of capital into the foundry. In 1921 the name at this point was changed to ‘Leblanc-Barbedienne et Fils’ and the foundry grew to include workshops and ateliers of various disciplines around Paris and a further three foundries in Great Britain, America and Germany. They also began wax casting at this time.