Art Nouveau Flower Vases

Art Nouveau Flower Vases
Sold Out Sold Out!Sold Out!
Out of Stock
  • WMF Art Nouveau Pair of Flower Vases
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588a
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588b
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588c
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588d
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588e
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588f
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588g
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588h
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588i
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588j
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588k
  • WMF-Art-Nouveau-Pair-of-Flower-Vases-7588w

A stunning pair of silver plated vases complete with original green glass liners, the vases decorated with an Art Nouveau design exhibiting excellent detail, stamped with WMF mark to base

Sorry, this item has been sold. If you would like information about similar items please contact us on 07971850405 or make an enquiry via email here.

POA

Additional Information

Height
Condition
Circa
Materials

WMF Group

WMF formerly known as Württembergische Metallwarenfabrik is a German tableware manufacturer, founded in 1853 in Geislingen an der Steige by the miller Daniel Straub and the brothers Schweizer.

It was originally called Metallwarenfabrik Straub & Schweizer and was opened as a metal repairing workshop. Through mergers and acquisitions, by 1900 they were the world’s largest producer and exporter of household metalware, mainly in the Jugendstil, or Art Nouveau style, designed in the WMF Art Studio under Albert Mayer, sculptor and designer, who was director from 1884 to 1914.

In 1880 after Metallwarenfabrik Straub & Schweizer merged with another German company, it was renamed as the Württembergische Metallwarenfabrik. They acquired the Polish metalware factory Plewkiewicz in Warsaw in 1886, which then became a subsidiary of WMF around 1900. During this period, the company employed over 3500 people. In 1890 they acquired the Kunstanstalt für Galvanoplastik München, which specialized in electrotyping and electroforming of statues and statuettes for buildings, fountains, tombstones, and gardens; this became the Abteilung für Galvanoplastik (Galvanoplastic Division) of WMF. During the 1920s, Abteilung für Galvanoplastik was producing reproductions of large-scale Italian Renaissance bronze works for an American clientele. Albert Weiblen Marble & Granite Co., Inc. of New Orleans pursued the acquisition of a gilt copper reproduction of Ghiberti‘s “Gates of Paradise“. In 1910, the Reale Istituto di Belle Arti had granted WMF the exclusive right to take a sharp cast of the original doors, from which WMF created a reproduction that was exhibited at the International Building Trades Exhibition in Leipzig (1913). The company produced a trilingual catalogue about the doors, titled Erztüre des Hauptportals am Baptisterium in Florenz.

In 1900, the company acquired Albert Köhler’s famous Austrian metalwork company AK & CIE, who produced and distributed WMF items under their mark to the Austria-Hungarian market until about 1914. WMF purchased Orivit AG, a company known for its Jugendstil pewter in 1905, followed a year later by the purchase of the Orion Kunstgewerbliche Metallwarenfabrik, another German metalware company. They continued to use the goods from the acquired companies on their own markets, and conversely, they produced and distributed their objects under their acquired companies brands.

In 1955, the company started production of commercial coffee machines. These products were designed for restaurants, military mess halls, cruise ships and other commercial applications.

Kohlberg Kravis Roberts acquired the company in 2012.

SKU: 7588